Friday, March 25, 2016

Chili

Boring games last night.

Still plenty of excitement left in the Shamrock though!

I'm not talking about our leader. Paul Pecor could break Gino Riffle's Shamrock record of 27 wins in a single tournament.  Paul, that's exciting for you, but not for anybody else.

But further down the standings, there's plenty of excitement.  As Shamrock entrant and Rebel PA man Joel Kynoch might say, "a veritable plethora" of you still have a shot at the Top 8 and/or sliding into lucky spot #17.

Speaking of people with chances to get into the money, there's no money to get into if the rest of us don't pay. I'm still missing $$ from a veritable plethora of you.  A good way to pay, and to spice up the tournament, would be to find me on Saturday at the 4th Annual Queen City Chili Cookoff.

My brother, and your fellow Shamrocker, is to chili contests what Kentucky/UCLA/Duke are to college basketball.  I'm happy if my chili doesn't burn as I cook it.  And I'm talking Hormel's out of a can.  In a microwave. For my brother, however, a string of third place finishes over his past several contests has him disappointed.  That's what expectations are in his kitchen.  Bronze medals get tossed in the trash. It's championships or bust.

Saturday's event at Nectar's is based on fan voting.  Great opportunity for chili, beer, paying me, and voting for Patrick.

No comments:

Post a Comment